Friday, December 6, 2013

Well, yesterday, I played tennis for about an hour and a half. I played with my instructor for the first hour and the rest with my 14 yr. old daughter, Mariana. She is hitting the ball very well now. 3 classes a week are doing great for her. I played 4 times with the instructor in the last 3 months, and tried to challenge him every one of those. To no avail. Second time I was leading 5 games to 2 and he came back and beat me. Last time I could not get a game out of him in a set. So in this opportunity we were juts volleying for the whole hour. I really have not played tennis steadily in the last 15 years. Only played once in a while with a friend. Here in Guatemala, once in a while I hit a few balls with Mariana or Nancy. So more exercise is good for me now.

I ate decently too, except when I got home, Nancy was baking her incredible Christmas cookies and had the kitchen counters full of them. Needless to say I could not resist... but did not over do myself either.

 Well today I was on to a good start. In the last 3 days, I was getting to the office only about 10 minutes before 8 am. Not good enough. So instead of 6:30 I got up at 5:30. This really made a difference. Because I was able to run for 40 minutes (2.37 miles or 3.8 kilometers or barely 300 calories dead). Now the good thing is that instead of having zombies chasing me with the app, I read the scriptures and the feeling is great. In my iPad, read 3.5 chapters at the time I was listening to the voice that comes with the app to follow your reading of the scriptures. I paused it a lot and made some annotations but it was great.


Did some stretching at the end.

I better rest a day or two. And I will, Saturday and Sunday, cause Ive been hitting it every day and don't want to over do it. My right heap hurts and I am worried. I hope I can just stretch the pain out. Last time I tried to go exercising steady to fast I ended up getting a lot of nuclear scans because of the pain in the hip. One doctor scared me saying I possibly had cancer and wanted me to use crouches for 3 months. I decided not to believe him. I was told at the end that I had a rupture in the cartilage that holds the femur ball of the hip. So I went to therapy and I doped exercise . I eased the pain following the stretching technics I was taught. Just now I hope that I can do it again, but with exercise included. I better go slow. I am always anxious when it comes to getting things done. I always tend to feel more capable than I am, and that helps in many other things. But not with your body. You have to take it easy. Need to say that I am not starting from scratch. I keep in shape going up 5 floors twice a day, run a day a o two week for 20 minutes play tennis once in a while, and try to walk whenever I can. I don't eat like a .... either. I am in fair shape, just want to be near the shape when I was 40.
Ill rest a couple of days and just stretch out a little.

See you monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment